It's roughly one week until my last semester of college. Scary thought. I need to do things, make plans. Scaaaaary stuff...poor economy. Ugh. MONEY.
Money is basically the devil unless you have a lot of it. Discussion of loans yesterday made me think playing the lottery every day is probably a very good idea. Or finding some other way to make a large amount of money in a short period of time. Because otherwise my college loans will never be beaten, and they will keep killing my father. Yay. I don't even know how much of them are in my name. The price of college makes no sense, and while I would not trade my experience at QU, as I see the stress the debt has placed on my family and I, I almost wish I had gone somewhere far cheaper.
I will enjoy the last semester, and take advantage of every opportunity that I possibly can.
Little Miss Sunshine is on TV. It's very exciting to me, because it's one of the movies I'd like the own. I love the characters, they're all so quirky. The performances are all so honest. Ultimately, it's hilarious and heart warming, and still addresses the deep, emotionally terrible parts of being human. Plus, the score is fabulous. It kind of makes me wish I drove a VW bus.
It's time for football, and 24. It's been time for football for awhile...where as 24 has made us all wait over a year. 24 makes me sad, but I need to watch it. Jack Bauer is one of the few TV characters one can really respect. Heh. Football, on the other hand, has never been a sport I admire. It's lame. Look at all the giant men jumping on each other for the tiny ball. Awesome. Plus, last year, the Super Bowl was one of the last events before the brakes were slammed on my relationship. Vampire Weekend, fast food, and the stupid bowl, beginning of the end. Woo.
It's 2009. What do I want in 2009? Graduation, a job, to get in shape, to read more books for fun. I don't know. Once the semester starts, I'm going to try and eat healthier and work in exercise as a regular part of my too full schedule. If I follow through, I deserve a gold star. Or something. And maybe this year, I'll discover if people can actually change or not. You know? Discover anything hopeul, and anything better than the last year and a half. Because being pushed to the limit isn't fun...over and over, and in every aspect.
I mean, if it absolutely must continue (and I know for a fact, portions of it will) bring it on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment