Monday, November 23, 2009

bang bang, he shot me down, bang bang, I hit the ground

Today was mostly dreary and gross. It drizzled a lot. I hate when people refer to drizzl-ing as "sprinkling." I think it really sounds dumb for some reason. On days like today I can't decide which is worse-- full on downpours or the drizzly-lame-half-assed stuff.

I'm tired but hesitant to sleep.

Got an invitation in the mail from the president of "my workplace" to attend the staff holiday party at a fancy shmancy place where I had prom. Ugh. Go and risk seeing professors or people who I was happy to leave behind? Don't think so...I mean it is a free meal, and probably seeing who's a booze hound and who is not. I'd feel like an insider, or something. Even though "my company" writes my paycheck I detest how my "situation" was handled at the end of the year. Kind of makes you wonder how much of higher education is sort of a sham. Is it sad that it leaves such a horrible taste in my mouth? I really feel like myself and my peers made the most of my experience much more so than almost any of the educators...with the exception of a few.

Reduced calorie Oceanspray juice is kinda gross. Fail.

I really want to see a meteor shower. Forgot about the one last night. Almost don't even want to google it to see pics cuz i feel like it'll ruin the first experience or something.

I thought I was in the mood to babble for a while but I guess not.




No comments: