Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Head Under Water...

...and you tell me, to breathe easy for awhile
but breathing gets harder, even I know that.

It is not simple it is a mess. With pieces of honesty and dishonesty and forgiveness and love and fate and questions.

I do not think you would stoop as low as you think that I think you would. Truly, I don't.

It is very possible that I so desperately want more of an explanation because I can't stand it to be so simple to just fall out of love with someone.

Fear, I guess. Fear pushed the love out, the resentment in. The caged animal is not a happy one. The scared animal even worse. Especially the animal with deep abandonment issues. Sheesh.

Really, what's happening is what I always knew, deep down, would happen.

But the parts that seem to concern you the most, are the parts I don't feel are important, comparatively. And that makes me feel like the whole thing is less severe to you.

But it's important for me to remember, your drama isn't mine any more.

I'm worth more than this.
I deserve better.
Life goes on.

cliche, cliche, cliche.

I'm an angry,sad mess.
I settled.
It takes time.

I just can't get my time back, and I can't get my love back. I never laid out any questionable situations for myself. I always thought I was the crazy over-analyzer, but rarely do I do it to things far in the future.

Did you come here for forgiveness?
Did you come to raise the dead?
Did you come here to play Jesus, to the lepors in your head?

We create our own consequences. I do believe in karma.
You made your bed, now sleep in it. Cliche.

Burn whatever you want.

You broke my heart. I'll say what I want.

No comments: